Printing from the iPad
This lesson explains how to print from the iPad on the College WiFi networks using AirPrint. Teachers are able to print to all printers other than those in the admin offices and the large Media printer in the I7 Media Lab. Students are restricted to using the printers in classrooms or in the Library.
Overview of AirPrint
AirPrint is an Apple technology that lets applications create full-quality prints to AirPrint compatible printers or print servers. The majority of the apps on the App Store make use of AirPrint.
To use AirPrint, you need one of the following iOS devices running iOS 5 or later:
- iPad (all models)
- iPad Mini
- iPhone (3GS or later)
- iPod touch (3rd generation or later)
AirPrint printers or the print server must be connected to the same WiFi network as the iPad, iPhone, or iPod Touch.
How To Print
Printing from Pages, Keynote, or Numbers
Step 2: You will now see the Print Menu on the iPad. There are several options that can be chosen from this menu depending on the capabilities of the printer you have selected, including:
- Select Printer - Click this option to bring up all of the available printers on the network (see next step below).
- Range - Click this option to select a specific page or pages to print
- Copies - Select the number of copies of the document to print. The default is one.
- Double-sided - Printers that have duplex capabilities will offer the option of doing single or double-sided prints. The default is double-sided to save paper.
These options will be shown in more detail below.
Select a Printer
Enter User Account Details (Login)
Set Print Range
Step 6: If you want to print all pages of a document, then just click the "Print" button in the Print Menu to do so. However, if you would like to select a specific page range of a document, then click on the "Range" option in the Print Menu and set the page number(s) that you would like to print.
Once you have set the page range, click "Back" to return to the Print Menu.