A Parent's Guide to Edumate
Edumate is the College’s web-based school management database. It gives students and families access to:
- student details, including photo identification, the student’s house and home group teacher;
- attendance records;
- the student’s timetable;
- upcoming tasks and assessment calendar (Secondary students only);
- results of assessment tasks and teacher feedback (Secondary students only);
- PDF copies of academic reports;
- a list of awards and disciplinary actions; and,
- the College calendar with relevant events, including sporting activities, excursions, assessment tasks, evening events etc.
How to Access Edumate
Edumate is accessible to students using their College username and password, and also to parents using their individual usernames and passwords. These details will be emailed to parents at the commencement of their child's first year at the College (Prep-Year 12).
Access to the login screen is available through the Parent Portal on the College website: http://www.baysidecc.vic.edu.au/parents
Depending on what browser you are using, you may be prompted with a security warning. It is important to ‘trust’ or ‘enable’ this website. You may need to also edit your internet settings to allow ‘pop-ups’ from this website.
The College recommends you use Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Safari. The first two are free to download if you do not already have them.
Log in to Edumate
Enter your username and password.
These are unique to your family and should not be shared or disclosed to any other party.
The Home Screen
Once you have successfully logged into Edumate you will see the ‘HOME’ page of Edumate.
Click the ‘HOME’ link to find the following options:
Click the ‘DIARY’ link to find the following options:
'My Dashboard' displays:
- Noticeboard - information entered by Bayside staff to keep you informed of College news and events.
- Approvals - if an area needs attention, it will be listed here.
- Upcoming Events - upcoming events your child is involved in or that may be relevant.
The Carer Portal is where you will find information for each child of the family, such as:
- Upcoming tasks (Secondary students only),
- Awards and Disciplines,
- Absences and Attendance Details,
- Medical Details,
- Upcoming Events,
- Task Results (Secondary students only), and
The Carer Portal is where you can access your student’s reports, and monitor Secondary student’s progress throughout the year.
The reporting process for Secondary students includes regular and timely feedback provided by teachers on each assessed ‘Learning Task’ throughout the year. All assessment results and feedback are available for both the student and the parent to access and monitor.
View all upcoming assessment tasks (Secondary students only):
View results for completed assessment tasks (Secondary students only):
To access all student results: 'click here to see history for all tasks' then choose the course (subject) from the drop down menu:
View current and previous year's reports (which can be dowloaded and saved to your computer, or printed):
Awards and Disciplines are listed under the relevant tabs:
The Diary Screen
Keep up to date with both your child's diary, and the College calendar.
The College calendar is an invaluable tool in keeping informed of events and activities. It is a good idea to check the College calendar on a weekly basis. Some events and activities are listed in the fortnightly College newsletter, but a more comprehensive calendar is kept on Edumate.
For Further Assistance
Contact the College office on (03) 5971 6700 or submit a request through the College Help Desk.